Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OBD Code P01A4 - 2.2 CRD Cruiser

2 posters

Go down

OBD Code P01A4 - 2.2 CRD Cruiser Empty OBD Code P01A4 - 2.2 CRD Cruiser

Post  snips59 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me what this code would mean? I've only just brought this Cruiser 2.2 CRD as a second car, and am struggling to find out what is wrong with it and why the OBD light is on. Its been hooked up to a Diag Machine and this is the code displayed, thanks for any help given.

snips59

Back to top Go down

OBD Code P01A4 - 2.2 CRD Cruiser Empty Re: OBD Code P01A4 - 2.2 CRD Cruiser

Post  Petman1 Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:45 pm

How does the car drive (can you feel the turbo come in, go on boost) can you hear and hissing when you rev the car. the code is a chrysler only code, but I have found it is linked to the intake/fueling.
First thing I would go for is the turbo inlet pipes. To test, take the engine cover off (2 nuts at the back of the engine, then look at the front of the engine, you will just see a pipe looks like a radiator hose about 2 inches in diameter. Put your hands down between the radaitor and engine and have a feel around this pipe. If your hand come out wet with dirty oil, you have a leaking or spilt turbo pipe. ( Common problem, I've now changed 7!!!
If not, try the bottom hose, jack the car up and look for a similar hose at underneth the turbo, this as been known to leak either from a split or just a loose clip

Petman1

Back to top Go down