Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things to do on my Cruiser

2 posters

Go down

Things to do on my Cruiser Empty Things to do on my Cruiser

Post  snert Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:40 am

Since buying my cruiser, I've found a number of little quirks. The brake light fuse keeps blowing. I now carrya bag of the fuses around with me. It's on its 3rd in 9 months. I noticed when I got it that the fuse box in the engine bay had no cover so I bought a cover and put it on there. Maybe it was getting a bit wet or something, but it only seemed to be the brake lights fuse that blew. I have heard that these cars have some quirky electrical issues.

There are a couple of things I need to do on the car as well. I need to get a new passenger side rear fog light cover as the one I have is cracked. I need to do some remedial work on the paint work as the previous owners had scraped it a couple of times, and the rear bumper is quite badly scratched but only surface paint. It's clearly had a small dink in the rear bumper which has been popped out but you can see where the paint has taken a hit.

What's the best plan with the paint work? I know Chrysler provide a code for the exact paint colour. I can find that without an issue, but do I just get panels resprayed, or the whole car? What sort of cost would I be looking at? I know you can spend as much as you want on a paint job, but I just want the standard colour back to how it should look.

Another quirk is starting it. It's fine except for damp starts. It hates them and can take a good 3 to 4 seconds to fire up. Any suggestions on that would be great. The idling isn't perfectly smooth. When sat in a traffic jam, the idling is fine at around 900 rpm but it will briefly dip almost to a stall every now and then. It isn't hunting as it isn't a regular up and down.

Any suggestions on the quirks welcome and any suggestions on where to buy the parts would be nice.

Cheers.

snert

Back to top Go down

Things to do on my Cruiser Empty Re: Things to do on my Cruiser

Post  snert Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Another little thing which is annoying is the steering wheel doesn't sit true with the direction of the front wheels. It doesn't affect the car at all and it hasn't caused it an issue with the MOT but I'd like to get it sorted. I spoke to a friend who is a mechanic and he said it's best to take it in to be done because of the airbag system in the steering wheel. In old cars, you'd get the wheels set straight, take the steering wheel off and manually realign it and then bolt if back on, but not these days. Any suggestions welcome on that as well.

Once all the things on my cruiser are sorted, I want to start imrpoving the look, only subtlely, say with some new chrome trims or maybe a new grill or something, but that is a little further down the line yet Smile

snert

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:55 pm

First thing to do with the rough running is to do the "Key Dance" and see what codes come up on the display, check here http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/general-turbo-discussions/14334-error-code-list.html

It should at least put you in the right direction.

Without seeing it, it's impossible to say what to do with the paintwork, find a good bodyshop locally and they should be able to advice you the best course of action.

Admin
Admin

https://midlands-pt-cruisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down