Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today

3 posters

Go down

Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today Empty Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today

Post  Steve Walke Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi, has anybody else had to have front disc replaced because they have warped? I had the first set replaced at 28K, then again at 40K and 50K today. Shocked
Not only is this getting expensive but when they start to go it makes the whole of the front end, including the steering wheel wobble and shake.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve Walke

Back to top Go down

Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today Empty Re: Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today

Post  Admin Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Never heard of this one, but if the discs are getting warped with such low milage, then there's something thats causing it, possibly overheating, have you checked that the pads and calipers are not sticking and causing the overheating ?

Admin
Admin

https://midlands-pt-cruisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today Empty Re: Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today

Post  Steve Walke Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Admin,

Yes I have checked that the discs are not getting binding, I have changed the ball joints and have the tracking checked about every 5000 miles too.

I love the car but at a cost of £300+ every year I am not liking this "running cost!"

Thanks and regards

Steve

Steve Walke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:50 pm

When you say you get the steering wheel wobble and shake, do you only get this when braking ??

Admin
Admin

https://midlands-pt-cruisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Walke Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi Admin,

Yes it only wobbles and shakes when braking with, what I am told, is one or both discs that have become distorted. With the new ones braking occurs in a straight line with no wobble or shake, just smooth, silent slowing down.

Regards

Steve

Steve Walke

Back to top Go down

Warped front discs on PT Cruiser, 3rd set today Empty brakes

Post  madmax Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:31 am

Hi, my first cruiser, i had to change the brakes, but never came across the problem that you are having, have you tried putting it on the rolling road, to make sure everything else is running true and smooth, i know my mate had a problem with the shaft and later found it was running out, he had to renew the shaft, then the problem was sorted, if not take to a garage to have it sorted, some independent garages do not charge the earth.

madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down