Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I remove the rear light lens cover to replace the brake light bulb ?

2 posters

Go down

How do I remove the rear light lens cover to replace the brake light bulb ? Empty How do I remove the rear light lens cover to replace the brake light bulb ?

Post  hammyd Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi there , I am new to this site , I live in Lode Lane , Solihull . My rear offside brake ight has gone out and I need to replace it . I have tried to undo the screw at the bottom of the lens but it wuill only mave a quarter f a turn , the lens remains fixed solid !! What am I doing wrong ??!!! Anyone out there please help !!

hammyd

Back to top Go down

How do I remove the rear light lens cover to replace the brake light bulb ? Empty rear lens

Post  PT Black Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:35 am

hi there
Remove screw at the bottom of rear lens ,push slightly up so you can get you fingers under lens and pull it out ( be careful lens has clips on it)
the you can see which bulb you need to take out.
just turn holder and it should just come out showing you the bulb to replace.
if screw gets stuck use wd40 then try unscrewing or if you can get it unscrewing part of the way up , see if you can get a flat screwdriver just under screw head and prise screw up while unscrewing with other screwdriver. has work for me before. hope this helps

PT Black

Back to top Go down