Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Hub Nut - disgraceful

2 posters

Go down

Rear Hub Nut - disgraceful Empty Rear Hub Nut - disgraceful

Post  FastFerret Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi,
I decided to overhaul the rear brakes on my cruiser and noticed that every reference to the job says that the rear hub nut must be replaced with new.
So I figured that seeing as everytime the rear shoes need replacing you have to change the nut then it should be a stock item and fairly cheap...NOT!!!

The nottingham chrysler dealer I asked tells me that they don't carry stock, it is 3 days from date of order and they are £12.00 each.

I thought this was disgraceful and wondered what would happen if a cruiser owner booked their car in for the next day to have the rear shoes changed , knowing they have a 3 day lead time I seriously wonder if they do actually change the nut.

If anyone has had any experience of this and can offer their insight I would be glad to hear it.

FastFerret

Back to top Go down

Rear Hub Nut - disgraceful Empty Re: Rear Hub Nut - disgraceful

Post  Baby Inca Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 pm

That's news to me...Never changed a Hub Nut on any of mine...all 2002...but are disc brakes if that makes a difference

Baby Inca

http://www.streetcruiser.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  FastFerret Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:23 pm

Mine are discs but the rear discs on mine have a brake drum built into them for the handbrake.

To change the shoes you need to remove the hub that the disc mounts on and that means removing the hub nut.

I tried to get the shoes out without taking off the hub but it seemed almost impossible to detach and reattach the springs with it in place.

FastFerret

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down