Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wishbone bushes

5 posters

Go down

wishbone bushes Empty wishbone bushes

Post  ann's cool motor Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Some time ago our Cruiser developed a rattling, knocking noise when on a rough(ish) road. Our local garage replaced the rear bush in the nearside wishbone, together with the corresponding drop link. This cured the noise for a short while but has since come back; a further visit was made to 'our man', who replaced the drop link on the o/s and, to my surprise nothing else, assuring me that the main wishbone bushes were OK. The noise is still there and seems to be getting worse, so I decided to let our local Chryser dealer take a look at it. They road tested the car and reported 'play in n/s and o/s wheel bearings, also play in o/s inner steering rack joint'. Apart from the fact that their estimate for repairs took my breath away, there is no way, in my opinion, that these parts could be responsible for a noise like this. I'm beginning to wonder if anything about these wishbone bushes makes mechanics reluctant to touch them. Has anyone out there come across this problem?

ann's cool motor

Back to top Go down

wishbone bushes Empty Wishbone bushes.

Post  FlyingSaucer Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 am

I had a knocking coming from the front of my Cruiser when going over rough ground. It took a couple of trips to the dealer before they traced it to the anti-roll bar bushes. I wouldn't be surprised if mechanics wanted to avoid the wishbone bushes, I put poly bushes on mine and it was a pig of a job.

FlyingSaucer

Back to top Go down

wishbone bushes Empty wishbones

Post  bigbyriver Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:05 pm

mine failed the mot in feb wishbone bushes at quik-fit, they tapped away on his pc, then grinned at me and said, 130 quid for parts and 850 quid to do the job, after picking myself up off the floor, I grabbed my keys and left.
I then went on ukcruisers site and a guy called dredd put me on to a firm in heckmondwike in yorkshire, I got new wishbones fully kitted for 62 quid.
A friend put me on to a local garage who fitted them for 220 inc vat.

ps Iv no pound symbal on my pooter. Very Happy

bigbyriver

Back to top Go down

wishbone bushes Empty Wishbones

Post  Croddlebopper Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Buy a pair of complete Wishbones from eBay for £80 (they come with the 2 bushes and bottom ballpoint complete and assembled) and a day of spanner rattling and you'll have the job done.

It's not complex but the complete wishbone option is a lot faster and easier than the polyurethane bush option.

Change the track rod ends as well and you'll be back to the smooth ride you forgot!

Croddlebopper

Back to top Go down

wishbone bushes Empty 2006 pt wishbones

Post  GeoffR Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:41 pm

is there anybody near Huntingdon that can replace wishbones cheap all ready got complete wishbones unfortunately now to old to get crawling under cars pensioner Thanks Geoff

GeoffR

Back to top Go down

wishbone bushes Empty Re: wishbone bushes

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum