Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not starting when warm.

3 posters

Go down

Not starting when warm. Empty Not starting when warm.

Post  Tadds67 Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi,
I have a 2.2 CRD. The car starts every time from cold, but if I run it for a short trip it will not start. I have to sit and wait for about 20 minutes then it will go again????? It happens every time after any short run. The engine managment light is on but I think it's because of a split intercooler pipe, which I'm sorting out this weekend. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Tadds67

Back to top Go down

Not starting when warm. Empty Re: Not starting when warm.

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm

First thing to check is to see if there are any fault codes coming up, if your not sure how to get them, just do this :-

Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the Run position. Wait a few seconds and then simply turn the key from the Run position to the Off position, back to the Run position, back to the Off position and finally to the Run position (so Off/On/Off/On). If it nothing happens, do it again. Each time you turn the key to the Run position, give it a second or so for the digital display in the dash to light up. If your OBD computer has logged any errors or faults, the codes will now be displayed where your mileage is usually displayed. Simply turn off the ignition and remove the key when finished. If your OBD computer has not logged any faults or errors, the word 'Done' will appear on the display

If any fault codes show, look at the list here,

http://webdevelopments.net/hosted/documents/ptc/ptcruisererrorcodes.pdf

Admin
Admin

https://midlands-pt-cruisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Not starting when warm. Empty Not starting when warm.

Post  FlyingSaucer Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:33 am

Have to say, I could not get the dash to display error codes when my MIL was lit. It just gives serial number and software version but no useful 'P' codes. I had to invest in a OBD2 reader ( from around £12 on Ebay). I've also had to replace the intercooler hose cos there was a sound of rushing air coming from it, awkward job but easy to check : If you have a feel of it and your hand comes back covered in black oily gunge it's knackered.

FlyingSaucer

Back to top Go down

Not starting when warm. Empty Re: Not starting when warm.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum