Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying - what to watch out for

2 posters

Go down

Buying - what to watch out for  Empty Buying - what to watch out for

Post  tsr Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Im looking to buy a PT Cruiser and can only afford to spend about £2,000. Can anyone give me any tips on what to watch for / avoid . I really cant afford to buy and then have to pay out a bundle shortly after. Any help gratefully received!

tsr

Back to top Go down

Buying - what to watch out for  Empty Re: Buying - what to watch out for

Post  Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:38 pm

The Cruiser's don't have too many common faults, but here's some to look out for,

1/ Front wishbone bushes, they seem to wear quickly, you can replace them with poly bushes, which last a lot longer

2/ CRD's (Diesel) the turbo intake pipe can wear and pop out of it's housing, causing the car to go into "Safe Mode", the only remedy is to replace it,

3/ MK1's did suffer from a faulty multifunction switch, causing the front foglamps to stay on, regardless if there switched on or not, look out to see if the front fog's work or not, you may find the fuse has been taken out to stop the fog lights to work.

Apart from the above, they are a pretty reliable vehicle, £2,000 should buy you a nice 2004 Touring model.

Admin
Admin

https://midlands-pt-cruisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tsr Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Thank you , ive been able to find a really nice low mileage 2 litre with a short warranty . I love it already but a little wary of what the 60000 mile service is going to cost me . Any idea?

tsr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum