Midlands PT Cruiser Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New owner from Nottingham.

Go down

New owner from Nottingham. Empty New owner from Nottingham.

Post  FastFerret Thu May 29, 2014 12:14 am

Hello,

my name is Phil and I have just bought a 2.2 crd Limited for my lady.
We live in Nottingham and have two dogs, an english setter and a chocolate labrador.
I enjoy biking and recently sold my Triumph Daytona T595 but I hope to replace it soon with a Tiger 800xc.
My last project was a 1984 Kawasaki Z750 turbo that featured in the March 2010 Classic Bike mag due to the rebuild and the upgrades.
I also had a chipped VW Bora that went farming when a truck took me off the road in October and is now scrap which really irks me as I'd just finished doing the remap and engine overhaul.

I was born in the UK but lived in RSA for 20 years before returning to the UK in 2000.

My lady loves having cars that are a little left field and has wanted a cruiser for some time so I finally relented as I need a new project to work on.

After researching I found the common faults for these vehicles and decided to go ahead anyway and I picked up a 2002 2.2crd ltd for her.

First thing I did was order a master bush set from Energy, these are in and make the vehicle much more stable and less clunky.
The front left wheel bearing was done at the same time.

Now it is a matter of removing and replacing all the rusty fittings under the car which seems more like a career choice than a chore.

A new lock cylinder went in due to the key not releasing nicely and shaking like Elvis due to wear.
The original radio came out as I need bluetooth when driving so the Sony came out of the MGZR.

I'm working my way round her and despite my original misgivings I am really getting to enjoy driving her.

FastFerret

Back to top Go down